Posts tagged Social Media Marketing
As a facebook application developer it was nightmare to ask extended permissions (publish stream, offline access) to the users, because the more permission you will ask more allow prompts will come to the user, which make scary and confuse to users.
Now facebook has change the permission request dialog. There will be only one request dialog, with list all the permissions application requires before going ahead.
So if my application requires three permissions (publish stream, offline access, read stream) then facebook will list all three permission request in one dialog instead of three different permission dialogs as previously.
It will change the user behaviour and affect the facebook application life cycle.
- Easy → Now user doesn’t have to allow separately each permission dialog, so joining application become less click away.
- All or none → As a facebook developer, we have checked the user permission before doing any network task. Like if application require send a feed on user wall, before doing that we have to check whether he/she given a permission to application or not, because previously user can deny “publish stream” permission. If user does not give the “publish stream” stream permission, then it was not possible send the feed to him, which kills all the network effect of the application. Newer version of facebook permission dialog will show the list of permission application requires before join and user can give all the permissions in one go if he wants to join the application.
- Clean → Now asking permission looks very clean and simple, user can simply know about all the requested permissions in one go and can take decision about the joining the application. Previously user was totally unaware what next permission application going to ask.
- Social Media is not an exclusive marketing or communication function.
- Digital Social media does not replace traditional digital communication or even traditional mass media advertising…it only extend the communication paradigm and plays a lead role in consumer engagement, activation and dialogue
- Like any communication tool, digital social media works best when it is synergistic with other communication efforts, online/offline or both
- Social Media Communication essentially comprises of two significantly different approaches; Online Reputation Management and Social Media Marketing
- While Online Reputation Management directly addresses negative and disruptive consumer sentiments, Social Media Marketing creates higher decibel of Positive buzz in order to drown out negative voices